Monday, March 29, 2010

MacBook, Windows 7 & MonoTouch

Last Friday I got myself a MacBook (it is my first one) and I gotta say that I am pretty impressed with the performance. I made the investment after seeing that it's not good to "invest" everything in just one mobile platform (in a dynamic market it's important to adapt). The first two things that I've done was to install MonoTouch trial (for iPhone development) and Windows 7 (for WP7 and Silverlight development). In W7 with all the drivers installed I have a 5.2 rating which is far better than my 2 year old laptop that I've paid 1.200 Euro (the MacBook was 899 Euro). The iPhone will still have to wait till I finish porting our S.F.A. application. I like this phone but I consider it too expensive (paying 600 Euros for an iPhone and 899 Euro for a Macbook is not balanced)
With Monotouch writing the "classical" Hello World application was really simple and you can also watch this YouTube movie. There is a lot inside the MonoTouch WiKi : database, webservices, WCF, GPS, and much more.
I really like MonoTouch and they are also working on MonoDroid.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I realise it's a while ago now, but could you say what model / spec of Macbook you were employing and how it worked out generally?

    I'm thinking of heading down a similar path with a second hand Macbook / Monotouch, so any pointers would be useful.

    Ta!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey awesome stuffs dude! Recently I have win Macbook Air from lottery. It's really great time to read your interesting concept. It's so impressive tutorial indeed. Thanks!
    webdesign

    ReplyDelete